It’s the season for warming soups and this one is packed with flavour
Celeriac is a deceptively delicious vegetable that is a delightfully creamy addition to soups. For an extra treat, a dash of truffle oil makes a simple soup feel really indulgent. This recipe by Avoca is one you’ll make again and again.
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- 1 medium size celeriac, peeled and cut into large dice
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 litre fresh vegetable stock
- 500ml cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Good quality white truffle oil to garnish
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter, add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add celeriac, potatoes, vegetable stock, salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the celeriac and potatoes are tender.
- Add the cream, and with a hand blender, puree until the soup is velvety smooth.
- Check the seasoning and adjust to your taste.
- With a hand blender, purée until the soup is velvety smooth. Check the seasoning of the soup and adjust to your taste. This soup is a beautiful creamy white colour.
- When ready to serve, ladle into your favourite soup bowl and drizzle with a good quality white truffle oil. Serve with brown bread.
Tip: Be mindful not to colour any of the vegetables when first sautéing as this will change the colour of the soup. Use white pepper as this will blend nicely through the soup without changing the colour.