Try this indulgent prawn pasta recipe, or a delicious scallop gratin
Before Easter Sunday’s roast dinner, you may want to opt for lighter dinners over the weekend. These delicious dishes with prawns and scallops are easy to prepare but really tasty. Enjoy on their own or make the scallops as a starter and prawns as a main, perfect to enjoy with a glass of wine.
Prawn spaghetti with Parmesan
- 300g prawns
- 1 cup white wine
- 25g butter
- 300g spaghetti, cooked
- 30g of Parmasen
- Olive oil
- 50g sundried tomato
- 200ml light cream
- 100g spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- Pan fry the prawns for 2 minutes on each side melting the butter with the prawns.
- Take the prawns out of the frying pan and add the white wine, sundried tomatoes, light cream, garlic, spinach, salt and pepper and mix well for 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns as well as the Parmesan cheese and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix in the cooked spaghetti.
- 350g of scallops
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 20g flour
- 20g butter
- 1 cup liquid made up with the white wine (reserved from cooking) and 150ml cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices white bread
- 10g parsley
- Poach the scallops in the white wine for 1-2 minutes.
- In another pan, melt the butter, then stir in the flour until it fully dissolves.
- Slowly stir in the wine and 150ml of cream into the melted butter and add in salt and pepper to taste before adding back in the scallops.
- Place your slices of bread with parsley into a blender and blend.
- Place your scallop and sauce mixture into a ramekin or if you want to be fancy a scallop shell, top with breadcrumbs and grill until golden brown.