Making your own condiments is a very popular trend right now. Here’s a simple recipe to get you started that will add incredible flavour to any dish
Tomato and chilli jam is something you may not know you even like until you’ve tried it – and then there’s a good chance you’ll never want to be without it. Make your own homemade version with this delicious recipe from Aldi.
- 1kg ripe plum tomatoes
- 4 large thumbs of ginger
- 2 tsp fish sauce (substitute soy sauce for vegetarians)
- 8 mixed chillis, chopped in small chunks
- 8 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 600g caster sugar
- 200ml red wine vinegar
- Add half of the tomatoes into a blender with the peeled ginger and the fish sauce. Blitz until roughly smooth.
- Dice the remaining tomatoes and add to the chilli, garlic, sugar, and red wine vinegar.
- Add all together and bring to the boil until all sugar is incorporated. Leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to cool before adding to a clean, airtight jar.