This is the perfect no-bake recipe to make with your children for a healthy, delicious snack during the summer holidays
It’s lovely to have homemade treats in the house but when things get hectic during the summer, the last thing you want to be doing is toiling over a hot oven baking cakes or desserts that may or may not turn out as you hoped.
Instead, why not try this no-bake recipe for peanut butter cup bars from Instagram foodie Rachel Hornibrook that only requires an hour in the fridge once it’s prepped.
Here’s what you need.
50g ground almonds or whole almonds/cashews
5 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
4-5 tbsp maple syrup/honey/chicory root syrup
50ml milk of choice
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt to top
80g dark or milk chocolate
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp smooth peanut butter
Flaky sea salt to garnish
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil and/or line with parchment paper
- Blitz the oats in a nutribullet until smooth. If using flaked almonds, blitz these too until ground. Add to a large bowl and add the salt.
- Combine the maple syrup and peanut butter in a microwave proof bowl and microwave for 30 secs x 2 times, stirring in between.
- Add the milk to this mixture along with the vanilla and whisk until smooth. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Flatten the mix into your prepared loaf tin (it’s ok if it doesn’t go to the edges, these bars are nicer slightly thicker).
- Melt the chocolate, peanut butter and coconut oil together in a small bowl and pour on top of the peanut mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt, let set in the fridge for an hour, then slice and enjoy. If you’re not eating straight away, they will keep perfectly for one week in the fridge in a sealed container.