If you’re stuck in a boring breakfast rut, this is a tasty and nutritious option to help kickstart a productive day
Whether you’re doing meal prep for the week ahead or making breakfasts for multiple people, this gut-friendly smoothie bowl is packed with dietary fibre while also being delicious.
Prep time: 5 -10 minutes
- 250g live, plain, dairy or vegan yoghurt
- 2 ripe, medium-sized bananas
- 30g rolled oats
- 120g frozen mixed berries, defrosted
- 80g muesli (no-added-sugar)
- 20g mixed seeds i.e., sunflower, pumpkin, poppy, linseed
- 30g walnuts, chopped
- 150g fresh seasonal fruit such as blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, blackberries, strawberries
- Place the yoghurt, bananas, oats and defrosted berries into a blender and blitz until smooth. You may have to do this in batches.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into the base of four bowls.
- Scatter the seeds of your choice into a small pan and heat gently until they are just beginning to brown. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle the muesli between the four bowls, followed by the toasted seeds and walnuts. (Optional: Add another layer of the smoothie mixture)
- Finish it off by arranging an assortment of fresh seasonal fruit around the top of the bowls before eating.
Cooking tip: If the fruit is not completely defrosted it can still be added to the yogurt and puréed, which is a nice touch during hot weather.