Entering the Irish Made Awards 2022? Here are the guidelines to follow
We want to help you to ensure that your pitch for the Irish Made Awards 2022 is the best it can be. The points below will answer any questions you may have and steer you in the right direction. Read more about this year’s awards at irishcountrymagazine.ie/awards.
Entry requirement: In the event your are a shortlisted finalist, you will be contacted via the email address provided by Irish Country Magazine. By entering the Irish Made Awards, please note that your entry will be shared with judges in order to be shortlisted.
Irish Made Awards FAQs
My business makes some products in Ireland but manufactures some products elsewhere. Can I enter?
We understand that businesses may make some products in their range here in Ireland while the rest are manufactured elsewhere. It is possible to enter specific products/collections from your business that are made here in Ireland, as long as you make that clear in your application: eg. “We are entering our solid shampoo range which is made in Ireland (but not our conditioners as they are made elsewhere”).
For example, previous finalists Jill & Gill entered a limited edition denim jacket made in Ireland, and beauty brand Skingredients entered their cleanser as it is a product within their range made here in Ireland.
I’m unsure which category my product falls into, what should I do?
You do need to select one category in the entry form. Please select the category that represents your business best. Our team looks at every entry ahead of judging and will ensure your entry is in the correct place. However, some specific examples are below, which are frequently asked about:
- Home includes any accessories that you would buy to decorate your home such as furniture big and small, prints, lamps, cushions, glassware. It also includes interior décor products such as paints, wallpaper etc.
- Gift includes craft and luxury items that would be given as gifts such as candles, diffusers, wedding gifts, greeting cards, personalised items, novelty items, etc.
- Face masks can be entered in Accessories (if standalone range, if complementary range as part of a Fashion or Textile brand, see the first point on categories above).
Can I enter more than one category?
You can enter more than one category, but please provide two separate entries in this case. (If you have one main product/collection, and also make products that could apply to another category but on a smaller scale, we do advise you enter one pitch as your main entry, and include details of any other lines within that pitch to strengthen your entry.)
I made an error on my entry form, can I change it?
All entries once submitted are final and cannot be edited due to changes in the business after the entry has been made. However, if a significant error/change has ben made, please email email@example.com with details.
Which type of businesses can qualify for the three new categories?
In 2022, we introduced three new categories for entry.
- Kids is a place where all products made in Ireland for children can be entered, such as books, toys, gifts, clothing, home products that are specifically for children.
- The Wellness category is for all products that contribute to wellness in people’s lives, such as supplements, personal hygiene products, oils and products which complement people’s wellbeing such as journals and affirmation cards.
- How to submit your company in the Sustainability category: The new Sustainability category is not for individual entry – if you would like to enter this category, please first select your category from the 11 choices in the drop-down menu, and then check the Sustainable box within the form. An entry box will appear where you can then enter your details on sustainable practises within your business. The Sustainability Shortlist will be comprised of the top-scoring entrants in the field of sustainability across the 11 categories.
- You might notice that the Furniture category is no longer available. All furniture companies making products in Ireland can now enter the Home category.
My products don’t fit into any of the categories listed, can I enter?
There are lots of wonderful Irish-made products that don’t fit in the 11 Irish Made Awards categories, which have been chosen specifically to reflect the content in Irish Country Magazine. If your product doesn’t fit into these categories, these may not be the awards for you but we wish you all the best!
Where do the product need to be made in order to qualify for entry?
Entry is open to businesses all over the island of Ireland (including Northern Ireland — Irish Country Magazine is on sale there too).
All entries must have two photographs. Photos must be:
- 1MB or bigger
- High resolution
What to include in your pitch:
Judges will be looking at areas such as the entry pitch, image quality, branding, digital, quality of product, place in market, creativity.
If your query was not answered above, send us an email with the subject ‘Query’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best of luck!
Terms & conditions: No pitch which could, in the promoter’s view, be considered to be offensive, defamatory or plagiarised will be accepted or entered. The honourees will be chosen by a judging panel, the decision of the panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Companies nominated may be required to submit further details as part of the judges’ consideration of their nomination.