It’s blueberry muffin time! Combine berries with baking for a delicious weekday treat
Blueberry muffins are failsafe. It’s Monday, it’s September, kids are back in school and life is busy. So take a break this week, and make some time for a blueberry pick-me-up! Chia Bia blueberry oat muffins, with a slight chew, are loaded with bursting blueberries, and a thick top. This recipe is very beginner-friendly, so even if you’re not signing up for the Great British Bake Off just yet, you can still take a stab at these!
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 – 25 minutes
Servings – 9 muffins
- 100g oats, jumbo for more chew
- 30g Chia Bia whole chia seeds
- 20g Chia Bia milled chia seeds
- 120g soft brown sugar
- 120g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 200g plain Greek yogurt
- 60ml milk
- 80ml light tasting olive oil
- 120g fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Whisk together the oats, chia seeds, milled and whole, soft brown sugar, plain flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Ensure there are minimal lumps!
- Whisk together the egg, yogurt, milk and oil in a large jug. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula or spoon to combine.
- Fold the blueberries into the mixture.
- Place the mixture into the prepared muffin liners in the tray; I had deep liners and filled them about ¾ of the way!
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes; until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tray for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Store in a sealed container on top of paper towels and with a paper towel on top for up to three days out of direct sunlight
Happy Monday, and happy baking!