No need for stale toast when you can have freshly baked oats
Breakfast is famously the most important meal of the day, but it is also one that can quickly get boring. If you’re tired of your current cereal, or just can’t stomach another cold slice of toast on your way out the door in the morning, this recipe is for you. Baked oats make for a delicious and wholesome breakfast that are indulgent enough to feel like you’re having cake for brekkie.
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oats
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 – 20 minutes
Servings – 1
- 50g Flahavans Gluten Free Pure Oats
- 125ml milk of choice
- 60g apple puree
- 2 tbsp Nutshed Cinnamon and Raisin Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp of baking powder
- Diced apple, Nutshed Cinnamon and Raisin Peanut Butter and chopped pecans to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the mixture into an 8oz (about 225ml) oven safe dish of choice. Grease the dish with a little spray oil, coconut oil or butter first.
- You can optionally add another tsp – 1 tbsp of the Nutshed peanut butter to the center of the oats half way through filling the dish, and then top it off with the remaining oat mixture.
- Cook for 15 – 20 minutes depending on desired level of doneness. Leave in for 20 minutes for a set, soft, doughy, cake-like consistency.
- Top oats with apples, peanut butter and some chopped pecans!