Up your vegetable game with this beautiful dish
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 500g Tenderstem® Broccoli, grated
- 10g nori seaweed, ground
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 150g plain flour
- 50g soy sauce
- 25g aquafaba (or chickpea water)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Salt and pepper
- Using a pestle and mortar, grind the nori seaweed into a powder.
- Place the broccoli and spring onions in a bowl. Season with a little pepper, add the nori and mix well to combine.
- Combine the flour, soy sauce, aquafaba and 70ml water until a sticky mixture begins to form (add extra water if necessary). Fold in the broccoli mixture.
- Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer or a large pan until it reaches 160°C (it’s ready when a small cube of bread browns in 30-40 seconds)
- Scoop out teaspoons of the fritter mixture and add to the hot oil. Fry for approx. 8 minutes until golden. Remove from the pan and place onto a paper towel on a plate to remove any excess oil.
- The fritters can simply be enjoyed as a starter with a dipping sauce or as part of a main dish with sides of your choosing.