This bread contains Lignans which are naturally occurring phytoestrogens found in flaxseed which mimic the role of oestrogen
If you’re trying to eat a healthier diet but don’t want to give up bread, this super healthy and hormone-balancing recipe from Linwoods is a brilliant option to have.
Prep Time – 10 minutes and 3 hours “rest”
Cooking Time – 50 minutes
Servings – 1 large loaf
- 90g Linwoods Menoligna + 250ml water
- 230g jumbo oats
- 80g chopped almonds or nuts of choice
- 130g sunflower seeds
- 70g pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp whole chia seeds
- 50g psyllium husks
- 60ml coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 325ml water
- ½ tsp salt
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper and lightly grease with oil.
- Mix together the MenoLigna Milled Flax with the water in a bowl
- In a large bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients. Add the flax mixture (after a few minutes of it sitting), and mix well to combine.
- Place the mixture into the prepared tin. Press it down evenly and then set it to one side for a few hours before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Bake the bread for 30 minutes.
- Remove and gently lift it out onto a baking paper lined oven tray.
- Flip the bread over topside down and bake for a further 20 minutes on the tray.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- Store in a sealed container for up to four days or slice and freeze for up to one month.
Read more about perimenopause and menopause here or pick up the latest edition of Irish Country Magazine to read a deep dive on what exactly it is, how to help with symptoms and what more needs to be done in Irish workplaces in our #TheInvisibleStruggle series.