Recreate this textured ponytail look from our November issue cover shoot in just a few easy steps
For our November cover shoot, makeup artist and hair stylist Ailbhe Lynch created two beautiful hair looks for Aoibhín Garrihy. First was a head of textured waves that showed off Aoibhín beautiful long locks to perfection. Then, to change things up and create one of the season’s hottest hair styles, Ailbhe swept Aoibhín’s tresses up into a chic ponytail, which stylist Courtney Smith accessorised with a black bow from Zara.
Here’s how to get the ponytail look, according to Ailbhe Lynch:
- I began by blow drying Aoibhín’s hair using the Faro 32mm Ceramic Blow Dry Brush.
- Once the hair was smooth I curled it in sections and once cool, I brushed out the curls using the Faro Paddle Brush.
- I created the ponytail by taking the hair into three sections using the Faro Tail Comb. Firstly, section the front of the hair from the centre parting to the top of the ear and repeat on the other side. I clipped these sections aside while I created a ponytail with the back section.
- I pulled the back section into a ponytail and secured with a bobbin.
- I then unclipped the front sections and brushed into one section using the paddle brush. I applied the Faro Hair Volumizer to the roots for added volume, texture and grip. You can also add some backcombing to the roots with a tail comb.
- Using my fingers to add texture, I moved the hair back loosely towards the ponytail and used another bobbin to secure them together.
- Lastly, I used the paddle brush to blend the back sections together and to backcomb the ponytail slightly to create texture. You can also use this brush to smooth the ponytail depending on your preference.
See the full shoot and read Aoibhín’s interview in the November issue, out now.