Apply now: SMEs and artisan food businesses in South and West Cork can avail of a new sustainable food training programme starting this month
SECAD Partnership CLG wants to help empower and educate businesses in South and East Cork to become more sustainable.
There are limited spaces for the new, free sustainability training programme, which aims to help businesses in various areas which they may find challenging, such as sourcing and supply chain practices, packaging, energy, water and waste and consumer education.
SECAD, a local development company, has put together a panel of experts who will provide practical advice to food business owners, so that they can further pursue their environmental goals within businesss operations.
This programme will run from April 2021 to November 2021 (with a break across July and August) and attendees will take part in the following:
- 10 x 3-hour training modules (delivered online)
- Site visits to businesses considered to be pursuing best practice in the area of sustainability and/or resource efficiency (subject to COVID 19 government restrictions)
- One to one training as relevant to their business needs
- Networking opportunities with food businesses
The closing date to sign up for this free course is Monday, 5 April , with training starting on Wednesday, 14 April (South Cork) and 16 April (West Cork). Places are limited and business owners are encouraged to log on to secad.ie/food to register for a place now.
The modules covered in the training programme will include:
- Sustainability – The What and The How (To include green finance and green procurement)
- Our Food and Our Environment
- Resource Efficiency (Managing energy, water and waste)
- Climate Change – Measure your Carbon Footprint
- Communication – Engaging the Marketplace – Understanding Consumer Behaviour and Sustainable Consumption
- Circular Economy Proposition Design
- Managing Food Waste
- Building a Sustainability Culture – Engaging Employees & Suppliers
- Packaging, Storage, Transport & Distribution: Sustainable Supply Chain Design
- Design Thinking, Innovation & Sustainability