The perfect meal for when you’re feeling under the weather.
Chicken noodle soup is the ultimate comfort food for nights when you just want to curl up on the couch with a warm bowl of soup and watch your favourite TV show or read a book. This recipe, by Donnybrook Fair, is really easy to make and your probably have most of the ingredients in you kitchen cupboards. You can add in whatever vegetable you might or this particular version contains an Asian twist which is the perfect kick for days when you’re feeling under the weather.
- 1.8L Chicken Stock, (3x Chicken Stock cubes required)
- 2 large Chicken Breasts, boneless
- 2 tsp peeled and finely chopped Ginger Root
- 2 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 100g Rice Noodles
- 4 spring Onions, sliced thinly
- 4 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Red Chilli Pepper, finely sliced (optional)
1. Place a large, deep pot over a medium-high heat. Pour in the chicken stock, then add the chicken breasts, ginger and garlic. Bring the mixture to the boil and reduce the heat. Place the lid on and simmer for roughly 20 minutes, then remove the chicken and shred it using two forks.
2. Replace the chicken into the pot and add the noodles, half the spring onions and chilli pepper. Pour in the soy sauce and stir well. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the noodles have softened.
3. Serve hot, ensuring there are plenty of noodles and chicken in each bowl. Sprinkle the remaining chilli and spring onions on top for decoration.