You can’t beat a warm, hearty breakfast to set you up for the day
We all want a good start to the day and one way to ensure this is to have a healthy and nutritious breakfast. But you want it to be tasty too! This recipe from Linwoods ticks all the boxes.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 – 10 minutes
Servings – 1
- 50g jumbo oats
- 250ml unsweetened coconut or oat milk
- 50g blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 50g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 -2 tsp maple syrup
- 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 heaped tbsp milled flaxseed
- Mix together the oats, milk, berries, maple syrup, cinnamon, coconut and flaxseed mix in a pot.
- Bring to the boil, simmer and stir for 5 – 10 minutes; until the berries have softened and almost melted into the oats and the oats are cooked to your liking. Add more milk if the oats become too thick for your liking.
- Serve topped with more milled seeded flax, some whole toasted seeds, coconut flakes, and a few extra berries if you have any on hand.