This comforting, delicious and easy-to-make dessert is the perfect after-dinner treat on a cold day
Even if you have no baking experience, this rhubarb crumble recipe from Odlums is straightforward enough that you’ll feel like a professional dessert chef when it’s ready!
175g/6oz Plain flour
125g/4oz Demerara sugar
125g/4oz Porridge oats
125g/4oz Butter or margarine
6-8 Rhubarb stalks, cleaned and chopped
4 tbsp Caster sugar
4 tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease an ovenproof pie dish, pyrex bowl or casserole dish.
- Put the rhubarb, caster sugar and water into a saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes until rhubarb breaks down and softens.
- Meanwhile, make the crumble by putting the flour, demerara sugar and oats into a bowl. Add the butter/margarine and rub into the dry ingredients.
- Transfer the stewed rhubarb to the greased dish, spread the crumble mixture over this and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with custard, freshly whipped cream or a dollop of Greek yoghurt.