Chic and casual bridal looks for day two, small ceremonies, or dancing the night away.
With the good news this week that weddings in Ireland can have 50 guests at the ceremony and 25 at the reception (from June 7), many couples will be giving the green light to their summer ‘I dos’. If you’re opting for a more casual look for your big day, or perhaps on the hunt for the perfect day two or evening outfit, here are some of the prettiest picks out there. From designer numbers, to breezy summer dresses, to feathered minis and everything in between, here are 16 chic, casual bridal looks.
For more wedding ideas, see head-turning suits for the groom-to-be here, and travel ideas for mini moons in Ireland here.
1. For something fun yet elegant, this mini dress from Rixo’s bridal collection has a timeless feel with its high neck and feather trimming. Rixo Candice dress (€800)
2. For a long-sleeve option, this Needle & Thread dress in a champagne shade has a wonderful shimmer to it. Needle & Thread Aurelia dress @ Zalando.ie (€619)
3. Irish designer Fee G’s summer collection features this beautiful lace dress, perfect for a day two barbeque. Fee G @ Arnotts.ie (€235)
4. This Forever New wrap dress would look perfect with a dainty bouquet in a city registry office. It’s currently on sale in Arnotts (€120).
5. Renowned Dublin bridal boutique, Sharon Hoey, has designed a clever Pretty in Pink collection which allows brides to choose separate pieces to create their unique look. We love this off-the-shoulder top and pants for a chic summer wedding. Sharon Hoey Meadow Collar (€395) and Gigi Pants (€550).
6. This strapless midi dress with ruffle front is a perfect day two option, and would be equally elegant with a shoulder length veil on the big day. Coast (€129)
7. If you want a casual edge but would still like a full-length dress, this low-back slip dress by Ivy & Oak is ideal. Available on Zalando.ie (€349)
8. A lovely option for day two, we can picture this oversize dress with a basket bag and summer sandals. It’s currently on sale too! Faithful the Brand @ BrownThomas.ie (€153.30)
9. For a backless moment, we love this midi dress by Asos Edition in a very soft pink hue. Asos.com (€93.99)
10. If sequin is your thing, either for a day two, day-of, or to change into for dancing the night away – this Asos Curve dress is flawless (€95.55, on sale!)
11. (Pictured above.) Take inspiration from Lily Allen with this double-breasted dress by Alexander McQueen. Definitely a statement, and the most expensive on our list, this off-the-shoulder leather number is the ultimate casual-yet-chic bridal look. Alexander McQueen @ Net-a-Porter (€4,990)
12. If a suit is more your style, the Leah tailored blazer from Reiss is a timeless classic. Reiss.com (€335)
13. Irish designer Helen Cody creates beautiful bespoke looks for brides, and this silk mini in blush pink would make a stunning small ceremony outfit (POA), see more here.
View this post on Instagram
14. This playsuit is definitely one for a modern bride! With the pop of lace and structured fit, it’s certainly a show stopper. Self-Portrait @ Net-a-Porter (€395)
15. A full sequin dress is a lot of fun, and we love this Rixo number which looks super comfortable to wear. Seen here on fashion blogger @chloedallolio. Rixo (€585)
16. This Karen Millen bandage dress would make a stunning dancing-the-night-away outfit. Karen Millen Curve (€169)