Word has it that the people of Wexford were missing their local coffee shop’s scones so much, that D’Lush Café had to share their recipe.
At this stage, you’d be forgiven for thinking the team here at Irish Country Magazine had decided to turn Ireland’s much-loved lifestyle magazine into Irish Baking Magazine. But we can’t help it. When we’re not hard at work putting the next issue together we’re baking in our kitchens. And it appears you are too – every time we open Instagram we’re seeing more delicious recipes being shared! That’s how we came across these indulgent scones by Wexford café D’Lush, which is usually based in the Wexford Arts Centre.
Rumour has it that the locals in Wexford town were missing the D’Lush scones so much, that the café went ahead and shared their recipe so that customers could still get their fix during the lockdown. Find the tasty recipe below.
Caitriona Barron took these stunning pictures, you can find more of her lovely food imagery here.
- 1 and a half pounds of self raising flour
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 large free range eggs
- 500ml milk
- Drop of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- 200g cold butter
- Optional: frozen berries or dried fruit
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Rub in butter until flaky.
- Whisk wet ingredients together.
- Add to dry ingredients and then bring together to form a dough.
- Add frozen berries or dried fruit.
- Roll dough until 2 inches high and cut into circles.
- Place on parchment tray and bake in 160 degree preheated oven for 22 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy with some local butter, jam and/or cream!