Ryan Tubridy was one of the big winners on the day, as the broadcaster was named Person of the Year for his support of Irish business
The second annual Guaranteed Irish Business Awards 2023 took place on March 14, honouring the best and brightest in Irish production across a host of categories.
Among the award-winners was special guest and RTÉ broadcaster Ryan Tubridy who picked up the Guaranteed Irish Person of the Year award for his continued support and championing of Irish brands. Building on the success of the inaugural 2022 awards, there were 18 counties represented on the day and 120 member businesses shortlisted across several sectors.
Click here to see the full list of winners from the event.
On March 1, Guaranteed Irish announced the launch of Guaranteed Irish Month to bring a much-needed boost to Irish businesses. The new campaign is reminding consumers to shop local and will be supported by various print, broadcast and digital marketing activity across the month.
Guaranteed Irish is a national organisation with over 2,000 business owners who support 120,000 locally-based jobs throughout the country.
In welcome news, Guaranteed Irish business members said they expect to increase employment by 5.5% this year. This becomes even more important as we navigate a correction in the international tech sector and the cost of living crisis.
In a recent consumer sentiment survey carried out by Red C Research and Market Dynamics:
- 99% of members agree that the Guaranteed Irish symbol successfully communicates how support for local businesses promotes a sustainable local economy.
- 96% of members agree that the Guaranteed Irish symbol stands as the primary national symbol of trust and provenance.
- 91% of members have benefitted financially by having the symbol on POS, packaging, marketing materials or digital communications.
A Sustainable Approach
- 79% of consumers agree that by buying from Guaranteed Irish businesses they are promoting a sustainable economy.
- 77% of consumers agree that Guaranteed Irish stands out from other brands in its genuine support for Irish jobs, communities, and the circular economy.
- 69% of consumers agree that by buying from Guaranteed Irish businesses, they are reducing their carbon footprint.
Over half of Guaranteed Irish member businesses (52%) have a sustainability strategy in place. As well as that, Guaranteed Irish launched GuaranteedIrishHouse.ie as an initiative to support member businesses.
The online listing includes all elements of the supply chain required for a building that can be sourced locally. This helps reduce the carbon footprint while supporting jobs and businesses in Ireland.
The Global Economy
Over the last number of years, Guaranteed Irish has evolved in order to reflect the global economy. The not-for-profit supports a far reaching network from indigenous businesses to locally-based global leaders throughout the country.
Guaranteed Irish businesses make a significant contribution to the Irish economy each year with an annual combined Irish turnover of €14.75 billion. In doing so, the iconic licenced Guaranteed Irish symbol has now become the national symbol of trust in business in Ireland.