Delicious drinks, without the hangover…
If you’re looking for a festive tipple, free from alcohol, we have got you covered. There are countless mocktail options to choose from, that are full of Christmas cheer. Here are just a couple that we will be serving up.
This delicious drink, pictured above, is a blend of fruit juice, nutmeg, egg white and alcohol-free gin, created by Olive Magazine
- 50ml non-alcoholic spirit, like gin
- 25ml lemon juice
- 25ml orange juice
- 15ml cranberry juice
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 egg white
- a grating of nutmeg
- to garnish, orange peel
- Put the non-alcoholic spirit, lemon juice, orange juice, cranberry juice, sugar and egg white in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well for 15-30 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a coupe glass, grate over a little nutmeg, and garnish with some orange peel
Candy Cane Martini Mocktail
This adorable creation from mindovermunch.com is a guaranteed crowd pleaser, from its sweet, minty taste to its crushed candy rim.
- 1¼ cups milk of choice
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ Tbsp chocolate syrup, (or ½ tsp cocoa powder, blended in)
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- Chocolate syrup and crushed peppermint candies for the rim
- Crush peppermint candies, then add to a shallow dish or plate.
- Onto a separate shallow dish or plate, squeeze or drizzle chocolate syrup in a circle shape, about the size of the rim of your martini glasses.
- Dip clean glass in chocolate syrup, then into the plate of peppermint to coat all the way around the rim.
- Chill glasses in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Whisk together all drink ingredients in a measuring cup until integrated, or blend in a blender.
- Optional: Chill 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Pour into prepared martini glasses and enjoy!
Non-alcoholic Christmas punch
This fruity beverage will go down a treat with everyone, at any gathering over the holidays. It’s from BBC Foods, which has a great mocktail recipe offering.
- 2 pears, sliced
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced, 1 juiced
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 400ml white grape juice
- 275ml ginger ale
- 500ml sparkling water
- handful of pomegranate seeds
- rosemary sprigs, to serve
- Put the pear and lemon slices, sugar and mixed spice in a large punch bowl or jug, and chill for up to 1 hour to infuse.
- Add the lemon juice and grape juice, stirring to dissolve any sugar.
- Pour in the ginger ale and sparkling water, then add a few large handfuls of ice. Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and drop in a few sprigs of rosemary.
Lyre’s Festive Mimosa
This stunning combination of juniper and orange blossom notes from Lyre’s Dry London Spirit with the floral aplomb of the Aperitif Rosso is the perfect way to kick off the festivities.
30ml Lyre’s Apéritif Rosso
30ml Lyre’s Dry London Spirit
45ml orange juice
60ml alcohol free sparkling wine
1tsp premium vanilla syrup (not vanilla essence)
Add all ingredients into a glass (large or stemless wine glass), stir, fill with fresh ice. Garnish with an orange slice, lemon wheel or mint sprig.