This dish looks and tastes like a take-away treat but is actually full of veggie goodness
Embrace the spirit of renewal this month with this meat-free recipe from Flahavans.
1 small–medium cauliflower
100g plain flour
100g Good4U Vitamin Breakfast Boost
1tsp baking powder
1tsp onion powder
1tsp chilli powder
Ground black pepper
Flaky sea salt
Olive oil spray
400g leftover sweet potato (or just cooked potato)
1tsp marigold bouillon
1tbsp Good4U Vitamin Breakfast Boost
50g Flahavan’s Organic Porridge Oats
50ml Flahavan’s Organic Oat Drink
75ml maple syrup
25ml hot sauce
Good4U Super Sprouts to serve
- Preheat the air fryer to 200C
- Cut the cauliflower into florets
- Put the flour, baking powder, 25g breakfast boost and spices in a bowl with some salt and pepper. Whisk in 150ml cold water to make a thick batter. Dip the cauliflower florets in to coat them and set aside on a plate. Crush the Salad Topper in a mortar and pestle or with a mini blender to a rough powder and mix with remaining Breakfast Boost and a good pinch of flaky salt. Sprinkle this mix over the coated cauliflower.
- Spray the florets with olive oil and place in the basket of an airfryer and cook for 15 mins at 180C. Cook the cauliflower in two batches.
- Mash potatoes and mix with bouillon, oats and oat milk. Add mashed potatoes to waffle iron heated to medium and cook for about 10 minutes, until the exterior is golden brown and crispy.
- Pop the cauliflower back in the air fryer for 5 minutes. Mix the maple syrup and hot sauce and warm in the microwave for one minute.
- Serve the waffles and wings sprinkled with seeds and drizzled with the warm hot sauce.