Spice up a traditional chicken roast dish and add tikka curry paste for extra flavour. Roasted chicken and vegetables are the ultimate comfort food especially in the cold winter evenings. This recipe is so simple to make, everything can be cooked in the one roasting dish and it only contains five ingredients!
Roast tikka chicken with roasted potatoes and cauliflower, is the perfect family meal as it serves four, or if you are dining alone you can keep the leftovers for your lunch or dinner the following day. You can also add your favourite vegetables, whatever they may be, carrots and parsnips would work amazing with this dish too.
Check out the delicious recipe below:
Roasted Tikka Chicken Tikka with Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas four. Wash the potatoes and chop into 3cm chunks.
2. Trim the cauliflower stalk, remove any tough outer leaves, then chop the cauliflower and nice leaves the same size as the spuds. Finely slice the coriander stalks (reserving the leaves in a bowl of cold water).
3. In a 30cm x 40cm roasting tray, toss the veg and coriander stalks with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and one tablespoon each of olive oil and red wine vinegar.
4. Sit the chicken in the tray and rub all over with the tikka paste, getting into all the nooks and crannies. Place the chicken directly on the bars of the oven, scrunch everything in the tray and place exactly underneath the chicken to catch the tasty juices.
5. Roast for one hour, or until everything is golden and cooked through, turning the veg halfway.
6. Sit the chicken on top of the veg to rest for five minutes, then sprinkle over the drained coriander leaves and serve, tossing the veg in all the tasty juices before dishing up.
Inform | Inspire | Indulge