Over 300 creative Irish brands presented their 2022 collections to buyers from around the world at Showcase 2022, now in its 45th year. Here are the makers you should know
In what felt almost like a return to business as usual, we were lucky enough to visit Showcase Ireland at the RDS, one of Ireland’s biggest international trade fairs. Designers and makers from across the island of Ireland displayed their new collections for over 3,000 buyers from around the world, and what we love about the event is that it gives us an insight into exciting new brands and new drops to come this year.
Showcase, supported by Design & Crafts Council Ireland, Enterprise Ireland and Local Enterprise Office, opens with the Showcase Awards, celebrating makers, designers and sustainability.
The Showcase Awards winners include:
- Overall Best Product Showcase: Molloy & Son
- Gift Winner: Snugibabog Knitwear
- Highly Commended: Helen Faulkner Ceramics, Tipperary Crystal
- Home Winner: Cushendale
- Highly Commended: Stephen Farnan, Martina Scott, Copperfish
- Jewellery Winner: Lynsey De Burca
- Highly Commended: Rothlu, Garrett Mallon
- Fashion Winner: Irish Linen Shirt
- Highly Commended: Clare O’Connor, Lou Brennan, Aran Woollen Mill
- Design & Crafts Council Ireland Winner: Una Burke
- Highly Commended: Irish Handmade Glass Company, Anita Reynolds Art
- Local Enterprise Showcase Award Winner: Tidings
- Highly Commended: David Oliver Bespoke, Kings Forge Glass, The Designer of Things
- Sustainability Winner: Badly Made Books
- Highly Commended: Nunaia, Kopper Kreation
This year also included the new Makers’ Studio, with live demonstrations from designers such as Úna Burke, Clarkes of Dublin and more.
Other makers to watch this year include:
Shock of Grey – This Irish jewellery brand was particularly popular with buyers at the show, and unveiled a fun new collection of bold, unique statment jewellery at the event
Liz Walsh Irish Linen – With a fresh new rebrand, expect stunning colours and designs on soft, tactile linen
Edge Only – This unisex brand is enduringly popular, and at the show buyers were keen to check out the platinum collection
Cowfield – The Wild Atlantic sign collection is a phenomenally popular gift
Studio Kinnard – Simple, tactile handmade furniture made in Monaghan
Read more here at showcaseireland.com.