The role of Deputy Editor of Irish Country Magazine is an amazing opportunity for a talented writer and content creator to join one of Ireland’s leading magazines
Irish Country Magazine has once again grown its readership in 2022, now reaching over 123,000 readers across Ireland with every issue. Our content is growing too, with a new podcast, hugely successful annual awards and a growing digital presence.
The role of Deputy Editor of Irish Country Magazine is an amazing opportunity for a talented writer and content creator to join one of Ireland’s leading luxury magazines. They will be someone who has their finger on the pulse when it comes to identifying emerging trends across arts, media, beauty, fashion, interiors, books, wellbeing and more. They can turn their hand to a product review one moment, and be interviewing an A-list actor the next. They are extremely organised, a natural planner with excellent attention to detail.
The Deputy Editor will report to the Editor of Irish Country Magazine and duties include:
- Pitching, researching and developing key features for Irish Country Magazine
- Planning and executing photoshoots, from covers to stylish houses
- Sub-editing the magazine with meticulous attention to detail
- Interviewing well known personalities, from Hollywood actors to activists
- Developing ideas and creating content for commercial partners across print, digital and video
- Publishing original content for irishcountrymagazine.ie and our multiple social media channels
- Co-ordinating the Irish Made Awards, the magazine’s annual awards campaign
- Attending regular events on behalf of Irish Country Magazine, including travel abroad
- Co-ordinating interviews for The Making Of podcast
- Supporting the Editor and wider team across all campaigns, strategies and events
The right candidate will have:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing ability
- Ability to use Adobe InDesign, Hubspot and WordPress
- Availability to travel across Ireland, UK, Europe and United States for meetings, events and reviews
- A passion for magazines and media and an excitement to be part of Ireland’s leading lifestyle magazine
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and an email explaining why you are the right person for the role to Klara email@example.com, by Thursday 22 September. Please ensure that ‘Deputy Editor Role’ is in the subject line.