Irish Country Magazine is looking for a Graduate Assistant for its busy editorial and digital teams. As one of the leading women’s magazines in Ireland, this is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic journalism or media graduate who wants to learn all there is to know about working for a magazine. Applicants will be interested in all of the key pillars of the magazine, including fashion, beauty, food, interiors, culture, events, real life interviews, inspiring stories and more.
The Graduate Assistant will assist the editorial and digital teams in creating and executing content across the print magazine, website and social media channels. Responsibilities include:
• Pitching ideas and creating exciting and engaging ideas for content across the magazine, website and social media channels
Interested applicants will have the following:
• Third level qualification in Journalism or Media (or working towards one)
• Strong writing and communication skills
• A good understanding of digital and social media
• A clear love of magazines and interest in our key pillars of content
What you’ll learn
The Graduate Assistant opportunity isn’t just about what you can do for us. It’s also about learning key skills in your field, making valuable contacts and broadening your CV. You’ll come away with print and online bylines for your portfolio, invaluable knowledge of magazine creation, digital content skills, and a fuller contact book going forward in your career.
Days and hours are flexible. Freelance arrangement. The Irish Country Magazine office is located in the Irish Farm Centre, Bluebell, Dublin 12.
How to apply
• Please send your CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Graduate Assistant Application in the subject line.
• Include three ideas for features you think would be a good fit for the Irish Country Magazine readers, determining if they would be suitable for print or online.
• Include previous writing examples where possible.