If you are looking for an easy but put together everyday hairstyle, then the halo braid is definitely one of the most stylish looks. Crown braids are a great day two hairstyle because they look best when your hair isn’t freshly washed and is a bit more lived in. It is also the perfect hairstyle to pair with a high neck top or dress as it means your hair is in a nice upstyle so you can really show of the detail of your outfit.
Below are seven easy steps to help you achieve a beautiful halo braid hairstyle.
1. Create a clean centre part and section one side off with a clip or bobbin. Add a little spritz of dry shampoo or backcomb the roots to add some volume.
2. Take a section of hair from the part line at the back of your neck and begin to braid back around towards the front of the forehead.
3. When that braid is complete, use a small clear elastic bobbin to tie the end to hold it in place until the second plait is finished.
4. For the second side, begin the braid at the front of the head. Start plaiting from the centre part and work your way back around to your original starting point. This will create a seamless appearance and the point where the braid starts and ends will be completely hidden.
5. When the two plaits are completed, softly loosen and pull apart the braids to give a more relaxed look.
6. Begin securing each one in place using clips. Slide the clips straight into the braids to make sure they don’t move from the hair.
7. To soften the look, loosen out some pieces of hair at the front to frame the face.
Star products you’ll need:
Image source: Instagram @l’orealhair
Inform | Inspire | Indulge